Flick Fusion can now integrate data from Vast's Carstory into dealership videos.
Updated 3/28/2018 - Added Troubleshooting section
What is CarStory
CarStory "uses artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to help both consumers and dealers make confident decisions. With a network of over 7,000 dealers nationwide, and touching over 15 million consumers a month, CarStory is the leading automotive analytics platform in the industry."
CarStory and Dealerships
Dealerships can sign up directly with CarStory at: https://www.vast.com/carstory/
Resellers can also sign up their dealerships as well.
As of November 2017, this is a free add-on service.
It is believed that CarStory is a preroll to the dealerships video, but it is not because it is providing data specific to that Year, Make, and Model of the car.
Integration with Flick Fusion
Currently this is enabled for Dealer Impact, AMS, and Dominion.
- If a dealer is already signed with CarStory, it will appear on our videos once enabled
- If a reseller has had CarStory enabled for its dealerships, videos will appear once enabled and we are sending the inventory data (See Exports)
- We send the inventory data directly through the "CarStory Inventory" export to get it generated.
- Enable CarStory under Edit Account > Packages/Options
There are two exports set up in the Flick Fusion Admin. Fields noted to illustrate differences.
For the ID, if CarStory doesn't provide an ID for those who signed directly with them, use the Flick Fusion Dealer ID.
- CarStory Inventory - This sends the inventory to generate CarStory
- Images (if available)
- Dealer Name
- Dealer ID
- CarStory Videos - This displays the dealerships videos on Carstory.com
- Dealer ID
- Video URL
Be sure these are all reviewed to ensure CarStory is fully enabled
- CarStory should have the Dealership's information
- Dealer Sign up directly
- Reseller Sign up directly
- Flick Fusion sends the inventory to them via CarStory Inventory Export Feed
- CarStory must be "checked" under Edit Account > Packages/Options
- Under Edit Account > Audio/Video > Video Profiles: Under any profile, make sure "Disable Carstory" is NOT checked.
- Verify that that Carstory has generated a report for the vehicle. This must be generated before anything else will work.
- Check CarStory.com to verify the videos are showing on their site. This helps us verify that CarStory has a report for a specific vehicle.
As of November 2017, requests will need to be sent to production to manually turn this feature on.
The Video Styles provides the option to hide CarStory Videos should a dealership wish to stop displaying the videos
Like Carfax, the CarStory information will only show up when the dealership has it "enabled" for that vehicle.