Flick Fusion can now integrate data from Vast's Carstory into dealership videos.
Updated 2/27/2018 -
What is CarStory
CarStory "uses artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to help both consumers and dealers make confident decisions. With a network of over 7,000 dealers nationwide, and touching over 15 million consumers a month, CarStory is the leading automotive analytics platform in the industry."
CarStory and Dealerships
Dealerships can sign up directly with CarStory at: https://www.vast.com/carstory/
Resellers can also sign up their dealerships as well.
As of November 2017, this is a free add-on service.
It is believed that CarStory is a preroll to the dealerships video, but it is not because it is providing data specific to that Year, Make, and Model of the car.
Integration with Flick Fusion
Currently this is enabled for Dealer Impact, AMS, and Dominion.
- If a dealer is already signed with CarStory, it will appear on our videos once enabled
- If a reseller has had CarStory enabled for its dealerships, videos will appear once enabled and we are sending the inventory data (See Exports)
- We send the inventory data directly through the "CarStory Inventory" export to get it generated.
There are two exports set up in the Flick Fusion Admin. Fields noted to illustrate differences.
For the ID, if CarStory doesn't provide an ID for those who signed directly with them, use the Flick Fusion Dealer ID.
- CarStory Inventory - This sends the inventory to generate CarStory
- Images (if available)
- Dealer Name
- Dealer ID
- CarStory Videos - This displays the dealerships videos on Carstory.com
- Dealer ID
- Video URL
As of November 2017, requests will need to be sent to production to manually turn this feature on.
The Video Styles provides the option to hide CarStory Videos should a dealership wish to stop displaying the videos
Like Carfax, the CarStory information will only show up when the dealership has it "enabled" for that vehicle.